(And their hair is pouffier)
I'll be gone for a week. But don't bother robbing my apartment. The only expensive thing we own is on my finger (um, also, please don't mug me). I'm leaving Kurt at home. With a dog. And a gun. A rabid dog. And a giant gun. Both of which want to kill you.
Especially the gun.
I don't always enjoy flying. Sometimes I even (dare I say it?) hate the whole experience. But right now, sitting in this hairsprayed crowd, I'm actually having fun.
But its true. And I think I know why.
TOP 5 REASONS TODAY DOESN'T SUCK.
1. Free airport internet. Remember a few years ago, when they tried to make you pay to use it? Well, I never gave in, and I think they noticed. FREE INTERNET FOR THE PEOPLE.
2. Friendly TSA agents. But not creepy-friendly. They were much less gropey today than they were at Christmas time. And I didn't have to go through the naked machine. (Ow!Ow!)
3. Hour and a half layovers are kind of perfect. You don't have to stress if your flight gets in a little late, and there's plenty of time to use the restroom, grab a snack, take a walk, and write a blog post. No rushing necessary. I guess I didn't have to rush during Christmas either, but when your layover is 5 hours long, it loses its appeal.
4. Stopping in Vegas ROCKS. Half my flight from Pittsburgh was drunk before they got on the plane, and that flight? Best.Flight.Of.Their.Lives.
5. My destination. I'm going to see my family, yo! It's sister time. Plus, my dad might buy me things. And when i get back to Pittsburgh, Kurt will be so excited to see me, I won't have to clean for a week. OR MAYBE TWO.
And that is why todays trip isn't sucking.
Almost makes you want to hop on a plane, doesn't it?
how about you? What do you love/hate about flying? I would love to hear some stories.